Medium: Watercolor on paper

Signature: Signed lower right

Dimensions: 20in. h x 30in. w

Description:

"The first district schools were log houses... A certain few were built of brick. Such schoolhouses were often to be found in very isolated locations, but intentionally so, to serve the convenience of the greater number of pupils, or 'scholars,' as they were commonly called. They also served as meeting places for political and other practical purposes." - Out in Brecksville

Exhibited: 1955 May Show, Cleveland Museum of Art.

Catalog #43

Fields marked with * are required.