Paul Joseph Ockert was a Cleveland artist and architect. Born September 3, 1892, Ockert attended East High School in Cleveland, Ohio, going on to graduate from Adelbert College in 1914 (Case Western Reserve University). Ockert's artwork appeared in the Cleveland Museum of Art's May Show on six separate occasions: 1921, 1928, 1946, 1947, and 1948. He was a printmaker as well as a painter.
Ockert was not only an artist, but a successful architect, designing numerous homes in Shaker Heights, Ohio, among other things. His name appears listed as an architect beginning in the 1927 Cleveland City Directory. From 1932 to 1938 he was a member of the firm Ockert & Teare with George W. Teare, which was located at 1836 Euclid Avenue. Both Ockert and Teare were associated with the Cleveland firm of Meade and Hamilton.
Ockert lived in Hudson, Ohio in the Erastus Coy House at 66 Streetsboro Street.
Paul Ockert died July 7, 1966 and was buried at the Markillie/St. Mary Cemetery in Hudson, Ohio.