Elsa Vick Shaw was a Cleveland artist especially noted for her work in design. A native Clevelander, she and her future husband Glenn M. Shaw both received their education at West High School and the Cleveland School (now Institute) of Art. Married in 1917, she taught design at the CSA for 15 years alongside her husband, who headed the mural department. They had joint exhibits at the Old White Gallery at White Sulpher Springs, W. Va., in 1933 and at the Cleveland Society of Artists in 1942. Mrs. Shaw won numerous prizes in painting and weaving in the May Show and painted a series of panels representing the origins of music, which were installed in the foyer of Severance Hall. In 1941, she won a national competition to design a mural for the passenger ship S.S. President Polk of the President Lines. Entitled "Oceania," her design was carved in plate glass by the Rose Iron Works of Cleveland. A past president of the Women's Art Club of Cleveland, Elsa Shaw lived in Lakewood and then Moreland Hills. She had concentrated on designing wallpaper for several Cleveland firms before moving to Arizona with her husband in 1968. He was her sole survivor upon her death in Sun City.